As parents, we all want to give our children every advantage in life. Eat, Play, Love is an approach created by registered dietitians who are moms themselves that describes the fundamentals behind raising healthy eaters. Hosted by Dairy Council of California, this free webinar (recorded on May 18, 2011) addresses the practical, actionable steps that parents and caretakers can use to approach mealtime and your child’s eating behaviors with a positive attitude. View the archive now!
During this 60-minute webinar, moderator Janet Helm, RD and speakers Jill Castle, RD, Maryann Jacobsen, RD and Andrea Garen, RD provide “real world” answers to the following questions:
- What do children actually need to be healthy?
- What is “division of responsibility” and why is it important for parents and children?
- Why should the focus be both on the “what” and the “how” of feeding kids?
- What is a feeding strategy, and why should parents develop one for their children?
- What happens when your feeding strategy fails? How do you handle picky eaters?
Session slides from this webinar are available for download. Please click on the following title to begin the download: