Recorded: Monday, November 22, 2010
Duration: Approx. 75 min.
Presenter: Debra Hess Norris, Professor of Photograph Conservation and Associate Dean for Graduate Education in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Delaware
Presenter: Lee Price, Director of Development, Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts, Philadelphia
One of the biggest challenges in moving ahead with collections care projects can be finding adequate funding. Donors, board members, and even your own development staff often see collections care as less than compelling. The speakers in this webinar have achieved success in raising funds for collections care, both on behalf of their own organizations and for others. Debbie Hess Norris will demonstrate how enthusiasm in making the case, coupled with a rich understanding of the stories behind your collections, can yield success in fund-raising. Lee Price will discuss strategies for successful grant applications.
Note: There is a subscription function at the bottom of the page, below the comments area. Use this if you wish to receive notices of new comments posted here via email.
The presenters mentioned the “Top 5 Grantwriting Books Rated by Grant Writers” which were assembled by fundraisingandgrants.com. These five books are:
- Getting Funded: The Complete Guide to Writing Grant Proposals
- Writing for a Good Cause: The Complete Guide to Crafting Proposals and Other Persuasive Pieces for Nonprofits
- The Complete Guide to Writing Effective & Award-Winning Grants: Step-by-Step Instructions With Companion CD-ROM
- Proposal Planning & Writing: Third Edition (Grantselect)
- The Only Grant-Writing Book You’ll Ever Need: Top Grant Writers and Grant Givers Share Their Secrets